Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chatuchak Weekend Market, Bangkok



Sorry that  had to postpone this post on my trip to Bangkok. 
I was too busy preparing for my Action Research Presentation.

So, let me get back to Bangkok. If you ask me which is the best market in Thailand?
I definitely answer Chatuchak Weekend Market!!!

Chatuchak Weekend Market (Jatujak) is one of the world's largest weekend market 
covering an area of 700 rai (27 Acres).
It is divided into 27 Sections with more than 15,000 booths selling goods from every part of Thailand.
Almost everything can be found here at local prices.
You can get books, furnitures, clothes, shoes, plants, local foods, lights, hand made soap, silks and more. =) 
Chatuchak Weekend Market is open from 8 am to 6 pm on weekends
I suggest you to go in the morning so that you will have more time to spend there as it practically takes a lot of time to cover the entire market area. 
You can straight away take your breakfast and lunch and shopping here for the whole day =)




Thailand's weather is super hot. So, remember to put sunscreen before you go outside or else your skin will surely be kissed red by the hot sun =)
And also bring along a HUGE shopping bag! Or else bring along your small luggage,  and better still the one with rollers. I'm not kidding you, many tourists do so =)



Flowers around me =). Just as beautiful as me, I guess.. hahaha



Who can resist coconut ice cream in such hot weather?
A must try when you go to Thailand =)
Only 39 baht


There are also shops which have proper roof and can shelter you from the sun.
Phew,,,what a relief to escape from the hot sun for a little while.



I don't know what they call this
It is a kind of homemade ice stick.
The man shook the machine and let the water freeze on to a stick and hey..we have the ice stick
Only 5 baht =)


The girls after shopping for more than 5 hours.
Exhausted...but not giving up. LOL

Tips for you

1. Before You Go To Chatuchak Weekend Market

Plan well before you go to ensure you have a fun and great shopping experience at Chatuchak!
- Wear light and comfortable clothes e.g short/t-shirt/ sandals
- Protect yourself against the sun e.g umbrella/ sunglasses/ hat
- Bring a shopping bag
- Prepare enough water
- Bring enough cash. Mostly no credit card accepted by the stalls
- Beware of pickpockets. 
- Get free maps from the information counter

2. How to get to Chatucahak

- Skytrain (BTS) to Mo Chit Station, take exit no 1.
- Subway (MRT) to Chatuchak Park station (exit no. 1)
- Taxi - easiest way but you might caught in heavy traffice
- Tutu - I don't suggest you to take a Tutu if you buy  a lot



The good you do eventually comes back to you

- ThanksQ Dr. S for sharing =)



By: chouyunviviantan

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    ออกแบบผลิตภัณฑ์ บรรจุภัณฑ์

    ReplyDelete