Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mr. Jones' Orphanage, Bangkok, Thailand


Hello

I traveled to Bangkok during the last holidays. =)
You can see my updates in my Instagram page. 


Well, I have never been to Thailand before. 
So, when I decided that I will head up north to Bangkok with my classmates, my mum was visibly worried. Hence, she kept on nagging me – she was concerned about my safety, the possibility of becoming a victim of a bomb attack, getting kidnapped, etc.

I was adamant to go to Bangkok after all and I finally managed to convince her, telling her how important it was to me – I have always wanted to visit Thailand before I finish my studies in Jitra, Kedah as I was practically studying at the Thai border!

My persuasion worked and she finally, had to nod her head and give me permission.
hehehehehehe * evil grin*


Oh yeah, we did not take a flight from KL.
We took the train from Alor Setar to Hatyai, Thailand and boarded the flight at Hat Yai International Airport to Dung Muang Airport in Bangkok.



I have many stories to share….but for today I will blog about the glorious and fabulous DESSERTS I savoured in Bangkok!!!

"People who love to eat desserts will always be the sweetest and the best!"


One of the recommended dessert's house is located at Siam Center. It has a strange name, but its desserts are awesome.



 Mr. Jones' Orphanage is a teddy bear factory and baked goods shop. It has an orphanage-inspired theme, ‘decorated’ with swinging teddy bears and railways stations with trains.
Among the delicacies you can get here are cakes, cookies and milkshake. 












You can also get sandwiches and savoury snacks but the main attraction of Mr. Jones is the cakes. They have a wide variety of choices that is sure to satisfy any kinds of people with a sweet tooth.
 It does not matter, what you fancy; a grown-up semolina, pistachio and honey cake, scone with jam, or perhaps even the delightful triple chocolate M&M Kit Kat Cake with chocolate mousse filing. You can find all these here!

If the cakes are awesome, the ambience and atmosphere of Mr. Jones is indeed fantastic.

The artistic interior design makes the place looks like a dreamland – a kind of dessert wonderland!
The decorations are great especially the fluffy and cute teddy bears, vintage prints and toys all around us. 







OMG~!~! I was actually right in the heart of a sweet fantasy world!
But I got really excited and was too busy taking photos


This is me with a smile as sweet as the desserts in Mr. Jones.
(saying without feel ashamed)
Check out the sunglasses on my head…wink… wink … 
(got it from Chatuchak Weekend Market -- 69 baht ONLY) 


Some words of caution: Mind your Head!

If you are above 140 cm, you need to bend down a bit when you enter the shop.



We were ushered to table C11 =)


However, we felt a bit uncomfortable because the seats were not spacious. 
Six of us had to settle for a table for 4. But luckily we are all slim and trim. LOL

Us: top left: Lois, Yours truly, Jessie
Bottom left: Carolyn, Carina, Evon
=)

Well, aren’t my girls all sweet…..but wait, I have more pictures of sweetness 


Blueberry Cheese Cake ----120 baht  



Fudge Romantic (Best Seller) --- 130 baht  

L Sad…I couldn’t take photo of the beverage we had as my battery went ‘kaput’ and I had not brought my charger

Anyway we ordered:
1) Wanna Wanna Have -- 150 baht 
2) Me Shake You Take -- 150 baht 

The name is interesting but the taste was only so so......
I do not recommend this.



Recipe came along with wooden box =)

Overall, I will rate this café as 3/5. 
Personally I feel that they can improve the texture of the cake.
But the environment is great =) so do check this place out when you are in Bangkok. 


Address:

Mr. Jones' Orphanage
3rd Floor, Siam Center (BTS Siam)

Contact :
 02-658-1163













By : Chouyunviviantan


Special thanks for Dr. S for giving tips on english grammer





No comments:

Post a Comment